An innovative network of health knowledge & assistance created with passion & understanding, so that children will grow up healthier and be able to pursue their dreams.
Combining comprehensive strategies with common sense, Encore Health is about putting children on the path to a healthy future at every stage of their growth and development. This network gives parents and teachers helpful information and fostering environments that support healthy choices in the greater community.
Encore Health provides different pathways for you to consider which strategies match up with resources and interests in your family & community; featuring platforms and tools relating to child nutrition and physical activity, and targeted towards developing a national change in community action to maximize resources, work together and set benchmarks toward improving health for all.
5 pillars of the Health initiative
1. Creating a health-focused learning environment for children- at home, school, and in the community
2. Empowering parents and caregivers through understanding & educational tools
3. Providing healthy food awareness in schools and increasing physical activity, through community based action plans with emphasis on everyone getting involved
4. Improving access to health education that is easily adaptable to individuals & families, with roles models from all areas of the community
5. Delivering comprehensive lifestyle & health education to promote responsibility & accountability as children grow & develop; continuing positive health habits for a better future