Why exercising in cooler weather helps your metabolism
Did you know your metabolism works 5 TIMES more efficiently when exercising in cooler weather?
- Increased oxygenation to your red blood cells to activate muscle spindle fibre activation- toning muscle quicker
- Stimulation of your body cells to produce more energy by heating you up
- Increased endorphin production & more of the happy hormone serotonin sent to your brain to improve your mood
- Regulated blood pressure to keep your arteries elastic & pump blood more efficiently; slowing down the aging process by reducing bone & muscle deterioration
- Detoxification as you workout by engaging deeper breathing which cleanses your blood, improving circulation to your skin & helps stimulate your senses making your more alert and aware!
Always remember the importance of sunshine for Vitamin D- During summer a short exposure of 10-15 minutes is plenty, but in winter, sunshine can be harder to come by, especially if you are snuggled up indoors. So that’s why it’s VERY important to get outside and get moving and smile at the sun!
Exercise in Winter can provide more benefit to your health than during the rest of the year!
To learn more on how to further improve your health, book a consultation with Dr Rachel Murphy (Osteopath, Clinical Nutritionist) at the Family Wellness Group in Surrey Hills.
Call 9898 0222 or click here to book online.
Dr Rachel Murphy
In clinical practice, I continue to pursue passion for treating infants and children as well as pregnancy care, including pre and postnatal support. I have a strong belief that environment plays a crucial role in health and well being, and therefore treatment management must also include advice on exercise and nutrition, ergonomics, stretching, rehabilitation and lifestyle modification.
> View profile