Our body’s needs a variety of nutrients from natural foods (i.e. macronutrients: carbohydrates, proteins and fats) to utilise for vital body functions such as immunity, energy, metabolism, growth and repair. That’s where Clinical Nutrition comes into play; with advanced education on Science, Human Biochemistry, Biology and, Physiology, applied for each individual’s requirements to utilize “Food as Medicine” complimenting everyday healthy lifestyle habits. Clinical Nutritionists have an in-depth understanding of ‘how’ and ‘why’ our quality of life can be strongly determined by the nutrient value we gain from our food choices.
With a medical science education background, coupled with post-graduate nutritional masters degree obtained in the USA, Dr Rachel Murphy (Osteopath, Clinical Nutritionist) focuses her consultations on providing tools and strategies that can be made with your dietary intake, to improve your health, and the health of your family. Back to basics of food preparation, and consuming the purest wholefoods is vital, as well as the premier aim being to ensure you have a clear understanding of the ‘why’ behind the nutritional advise, and how it is relevant to your own health goals or treatment assistance for a health condition, in order to achieve optimal health.
With the surplus of processed, packaged and convenience foods available in our society, it can often be overlooked how these manufactured products are a burden to our health. Particularly with the marketing jargon that can persuade us into thinking that pre-packed foods aren’t negatively impacting our health. The fact is that there is no greater convenience and benefit, that eating food in its natural form, exactly how nature intended it to be.
As each person is biochemically different, a clinical nutritionist assesses the individual as a whole, taking into account their diet, lifestyle and their physical and mental wellbeing, to get to the root cause of their health concerns.
Book a Nutrition Consultation at The Family Wellness Group Today
The integration of Biomedical Science with Nutritional Medicine in Clinical Nutrition practice can assist with:
- Digestive health- reflux, poor digestion, bloating
- Constipation/ Diarrhoea
- Immune function
- Pre/postnatal health
- Growth and Development- Physical, Cognitive, Emotional
- Children’s health – picky eaters, food sensitivities
- Endochrine/ Hormonal Health
- Thyroid health
- PMS/ PCOS/ Endometriosis-related inflammatory pain
- Improved sleep
- Increased energy, concentration, memory, emotional balance
- Depression/ Anxiety
- Stress management
- Weight management and natural detoxification processes
- General health and wellness
- Healthy eating basics
- Heart disease, High blood pressure, High cholesterol
Showing and teaching children to make positive food and lifestyle choices now will set your kids up for a lifetime of wellness! Guidance and good role models are vital because NOW is perfect time to start your child on the path of optimal health. They have their whole lives ahead of them with goals, aspirations and achievements they will be even better placed to fulfill by learning how to show care and respect for their health, with proper nutrition and beneficial lifestyle habits created early.
Clinical Nutrition consultations can provide parents with education and understanding of how to best support their child’s health with:
- Post-partum nutritional advice to optimise quality of breast milk production
- ‘Well-child visits’ at birth, 6 weeks, 6 months, 12 months and so on to adjust to different developmental milestones, and nutritional transition according essential growth requirements
- Infant/toddler food introduction plan that reduces food sensitivities and intolerances
- Vaccination protocol education, support and information
- Growth chart variances for exclusively breastfed babies & formula fed babies
- Cold & flu prevention and natural treatment
- Eczema and other skin conditions
- Asthma and other respiratory sensitivities
- ADD/ ADHD
- Autism- nutritional factors influencing behaviour and growth progression
- Otitis media/ Ear infections
- Digestive problems
- Food sensitivities and referred investigations for allergy testing
- Appropriate diet and nutritional intake requirements at each developmental age- including puberty/adult development
For Clinical Nutrition consultations, please book online here, call (03) 98980222, or send us a message using the form below.